Installation problems with dependences

• I am a experienced laravel developer so when I saw Asgard CMS, and that it uses Laravel, I thought I would give it a try.

I am trying to install it onto a UniServerZ vhosts, I have other Laravel apps running fine in the same configuration but when trying to create the platform (first install command) I have the error below.

[RuntimeException]
    Could not load package intervention/image in http://packagist.org: [Unexpec
    tedValueException] Could not parse version constraint 4.x.x: Invalid versio
    n string "4.x.x"

[UnexpectedValueException]
    Could not parse version constraint 4.x.x: Invalid version string "4.x.x"

I have tried installing earlier version but I have the same error. Can anyone help please?

The vendor folder disappears after this error appears.

Thank you

Stephen

• Global Moderator

Very interesting, i wonder where does that 4.x.x version come from since Media module requires ^2.3 < 3.0 version.
    Is you composer updated? I remember some time ago i saw errors like that with outdated composer itself.

• Thank you for the advise. Although it was not the solution it did point me in the correct direction.

I updated composer and had a more useful error message, stating that I had not enabled the fileinfo php extension. I enabled it, and it still did not work as it needed to be enabled in the php-cli.ini file so that it would work in the command line.

Having fixed that error, I am now getting error from mySQL, stating that it could not create a table.

• Global Moderator

@stephenrmiles Any specifics or just says can't create table? Is there .env file in project root?