Dynamic Relations

• In my custom module I am trying to create a dynamic relation between my custom model and the user model....

I have the following in my module's config

'User' => [
            'insuree' => function ($self) {
                return $this->belongsTo('Modules\Brokerquotes\Entities\Insuree', 'id', 'user_id')->first();
            },
            'insurer' => function ($self) {
                return $this->belongsTo('Modules\Brokerquotes\Entities\Insurer', 'id', 'user_id')->first();
            }
        ],

in the User's config I have the following

'relations' => [
    //        'extension' => function ($self) {
    //            return $self->belongsTo(UserExtension::class, 'user_id', 'id')->first();
    //        }
           'insuree' => function ($self) {
                return $this->belongsTo('Modules\Brokerquotes\Entities\Insuree', 'id', 'user_id')->first();
            },
            'insurer' => function ($self) {
                return $this->belongsTo('Modules\Brokerquotes\Entities\Insurer', 'id', 'user_id')->first();
            },
        ],

However if I

$user->insuree

I get a null value....Was there anything else to implement in order to setup dynamic relations for module models?

• When using built in relationships you don't need the get() or first() methods.

Also you can see $self is being passed in. $this is out of context you want to use $self.

return $self->belongsTo(\Modules\Brokerquotes\Entities\Insurer::class, 'user_id', 'id');

• Global Moderator

Hi,

Yes, pretty much what @Demaestro said.
    It's valid to retrieve the result of the builder, but I would not advise since you loose chain options later on.

• @demaestro said in Dynamic Relations:

When using built in relationships you don't need the get() or first() methods.

Also you can see $self is being passed in. $this is out of context you want to use $self.

return $self->belongsTo(\Modules\Brokerquotes\Entities\Insurer::class, 'user_id', 'id');

@armababy @Demaestro I'm using v3.x version and was told that $this is being resolved ot the proper context. I have sinced removed the parameter but still run into the problem

• Solved by remove $self parameter and calling $user->profile() and not $user->profile

Looks like your connection to AsgardCms was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.