Nested pages/URL structure in Menus

• Hi, I would like to nest some pages/URLs like so:-

/clothing/shoes/product1
    /clothing/shoes/product2

What is the correct way to do this?

It seems that if I enter clothing/shoes/product1 or clothing/shoes/product2 as the page slugs then the URIs saved against in the database against the respective menu item become /clothing/shoes/product1 and /clothing/shoes/product2 if the menu items have a parent, and so the URL is rendered like so: /en//clothing/shoes/product1 and /en//clothing/shoes/product2.

Strange thing is that if the above pages are added to the top level menu (i.e. no parent) then the URIs are saved as defined (no leading /)

• Seems to me that the Menu module just isn't fit for purpose when using sub menus - am I wrong?

I have been testing with even simple pages /test and /test-child added to a menu with the following structure:

- test
      - test-child

..and neither of the methods $item->hasActiveOnChild() or $item->getActiveStateFromChilds() recognise that test is active when the current page is test-child.

I suspect I would have saved half a day if i just hard coded the menu into the views!

Am I missing something? Should I be using routes? If so, how do i use routes on pages?

Thanks.

• admin

Hi,

I don't recall it not working. Though I don't use menus very often as I prefer making them manually.

Though if you say it's broken, it's worth fixing instead of just saying it's broken.

• @nWidart said in Nested pages/URL structure in Menus:

Hi,

I don't recall it not working. Though I don't use menus very often as I prefer making them manually.

Though if you say it's broken, it's worth fixing instead of just saying it's broken.

I didn't say it's broken, I just asked if I was wrong in thinking it doesn't work properly with sub menus, and if i should be doing something differently. Happy to try and fix it once I know it's broken and it's not just me using it incorrectly.

Looks like your connection to AsgardCms was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.