Customising existing views and user table columns

• Hi

I am evaluating Asgard CMS (which looks quite promising!) for a new project where I will need to create new Themes and a new Module - it seems that some views are not part of the existing Theme (flatly?) eg the login form which is located in the User module right? But if I change the Blade view in the User module directly then it will get overwritten on upgrading the software right?

The documentation is unclear and I have seen some posts in this forum where it seems to be possible to copy the view to my new Theme but it incurs a performance penalty - is this the case?

Can I not just have all the required views in my new Theme?

Also if I need to add fields to the users table will these changes also get destroyed by an upgrade to the Users module?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I cannot find an overview of how the Modules/Themes are integrated into Asgard, what their functionality provides and how they interact -- eg if the User module is removed does that mean that afterwards no user logins are supported in any way?

Thanks in advance!

Rich

• I believe as long as you have a layouts/account.blade.php in your views folder and it contains @yield('content'), your login page will work. It doesn't have to be copied from the Flatly theme.

As far as the extra fields in the Users table, just make sure you have a proper migrations file, and you should be good to go.

These answers are to the best of my knowledge.

Looks like your connection to AsgardCms was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.