Moving a site to a new server

• I developed a site locally on my computer.

When it was done, I

• exported the database to a sql file,
    • created a new database on the web server
    • imported the sql file
    • copied all files (including .env, etc) to the web server

The Front end works no problem, but I can't seem to get to the backend. I get a 500 error when it redirects from /backend to /auth/login.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

• Global Moderator

Hello, @qualitycoder.

You should check for apache/nginx logs as 500 errors are coming from misconfigured settings.
    Usually, it's because of different settings on rewrite rules and such.

Thanks.

• I looked in the laravel.log file (/storage/logs/laravel.log).
    It's saying it can't find the partials.notifications view, but I see it right there in the AdminLTE Theme folder.

[2017-06-16 07:18:02] local.ERROR: InvalidArgumentException: View [partials.notifications] not found. in /[removed]/www/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/View/FileViewFinder.php:137

• [site name]
      • Themes
        • Adminlte
          • views
            • partials
              • notifications.blade.php

I actually get a whole slew of error messages. The top of the file is the missing partials.notifications view file. The last in the file is

[2017-06-16 07:18:02] local.ERROR: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: View [errors.500] not found. in /[removed]/www/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/View/FileViewFinder.php:137

• admin

And do those file exist ?

• alt text
    alt text

• admin

Hm that's strange. Maybe it's not trying to get into the adminlte theme ?

Something must have gone wrong when moving servers.

How exactly did you perform this ?

• I built it locally
    • I exported the database to a sql file
    • I created the new database on the server
    • I ran the sql file on the server
    • I ftp'd the files up to their location
    • I checked the front end, and it worked
    • I checked the back end, and it does not work
    • I cleared out the storage/framework/cache, storage/framework/sessions, and storage/framework/views directories, hoping that would help.
    • I came here looking for help

• admin

In those steps it looks you like forgot to copy (create) over the .env file.

• alt text

• admin

I can't tell what you forgot with the info you're providing.

Maybe try the procedure again ?

• I kind of figured it out.

For some reason, the /en/auth/login is trying to use the custom front-end theme, and not the adminLT theme.

I copied the notifications.blade.php and the entire errors theme directory over to my custom theme directory, and it showed a page. Didn't have the login form, but at least I'm starting to show a little progress.

It didn't do this on my local box, but once it transferred to the server, it wants the auth/login to be part of the custom theme. Weird.

• admin

Hm the login views are always in the frontend theme (flatfly by default). So if you have a custom theme, it should always contain those views.

• I copied the layouts/account.blade.php file to the custom theme layouts directory, and now the form shows up, but after logging in, it redirects me to a blank custom theme page (the custom theme is shown with no content). It doesn't show the back end with the adminlte theme.

• admin

It shows a blank page when going to /backend?

• no, after copying the account.blade.php page over, it redirects to /en/auth/login and shows the login form.

Once I log in, it redirects me to a blank custom theme page, not the backend. The url is /en, not /backend.

After that, I can type in /backend again, and it will take me there, but it doesn't take me there on its own.

• admin

That's normal.

• When I use the Flatly theme, after typing in /backend, and being redirected to /en/auth/login, I log in, and it redirects me to /backend.

With a custom theme, after typing in /backend, and being redirected to /en/auth/login, I log in, and it redirects me to /en. I have to go back to the url bar and type in /backend again.

This is normal?

• admin

No, check your setup as the redirect is using redirect()->intended(). Seems like your issue is fixed then.

Looks like your connection to AsgardCms was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.