Thumbnails not generated when uploading

• I just tested it from inside media module and blog module.

When I upload an image, the image is uploaded to /assets/media directory. But the thumbnails do not get generated and moved to /assets/media.

My file permissions are correct (web server has write access to /assets/media directory).

I am using PHP 5.6. GD and Imagick extensions are installed. I have changed the image driver to imagick for testing and still no luck.

If I upload from the blog's thumbnail view, it uploads and no thumbnail. If upload from Media module, it uploads but gives me "Server error 500" and redirects... The file gets uploaded but the thumbnails do not get created. I paused script execution to see what the error is in /api/file but it shows no response. Just 500 response header.

Here is asgard.media.thumbnails.php config file:

return [
        'smallThumb' => [
            'resize' => [
                'width' => 50,
                'height' => null,
                'callback' => function ($constraint) {
                    $constraint->aspectRatio();
                    $constraint->upsize();
                },
            ],
        ],
        'mediumThumb' => [
            'resize' => [
                'width' => 180,
                'height' => null,
                'callback' => function ($constraint) {
                    $constraint->aspectRatio();
                    $constraint->upsize();
                },
            ],
        ],
    ];

As you see, I haven't even changed anything in configuration. It is the default.

What else can I check to find what the error is?

• Global Moderator

@GasimGasimzada

Hey,

You should check php error log for this, as it's a 500 error it will be logged there.

• Global Moderator

Marked as answered.
    Due to no response from OP on potential/actual solution proposal for over 1 month.

If OP or someone thinks this is not still solved, please respond with problem/concern.