New module sidebar entry language string

• Hi, i created a new module and after the script finished, the name of the new module in the admimn sidebar looks like this:

tasks::abcs.title.abcs

I wonder if this is the default behaviour, because i've seen the tutorial videos on how to create a new module and is not happening there. Where do i add the correct module sidebar lang label?

Thanks in advance

• Global Moderator

@enkeli

Hey, yeah pretty much, currently workshop module has 'abc' as class hardcoded, i'll see when i can send PR to fix that.

You can change identifying string in {Module}/Sidebar/SidebarExtender.php replace abcs with something that makes sense for you, for example tasks::tasks.title.sidebar

Then add that to translation array in {Module}/Resources/lang/en/tasks.php something like 'title' => ['sidebar' => 'My translation']

• @armababy Thanks, now i understand how that works. I was in the path of creating an abcs.php lang file with the label, but this is the way to go.

• Global Moderator

@enkeli

I personally create new translation file module.php and put there all stuff not related to any of direct entity.
    Things like that(sidebar category, section etc.) would go there (tasks::module.sidebar.title)

But you can do as you like :) You got all the freedom of laravel and asgard tries not to require specific files and names.

Looks like your connection to AsgardCms was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.